Plastic Pallet Recycling
Typically more expensive than wooden pallets but are longer lasting and higher quality. Made from plastics that have been recycled and recyclable.
- The product is made from plastics that have been recycled and recyclable,
- It has a long useful life, is 100% recyclable, and can be ground up and made into a new pallet at any time
- An average lifespan of over ten years,
- Handling this product is safe; there are no nails, screws, splinters, or chips.
- Suitable for all types of climates,
- When a company implements an effective program to reuse plastic pallets, they can reduce costs, make their supply chain more sustainable, and improve their supply chain efficiency.
- With its ability to resist acids, alkalis, fats, solvents, and odors,
- The material is water-resistant, resists bacterial contamination, and does not absorb humidity. It is perfect for a wide variety of applications, like food, paper, pharmaceuticals, and cement.
- Having the capacity to withstand shock and stress,
- This product is easily stacked, handled, and cleaned by hot washing, steam cleaning, or chemically sanitizing to eliminate any bacteria that may be present in it.
Types of Plastic Pallets
Nestable Plastic Pallets:
- Suitable for use with both domestic and one way trip export pallets,
- These pallet stacking systems are ideal for pallet stacking: they can be used for light, medium, or heavy-duty applications.
Rackable Plastic Pallets:
- It should be possible to handle pallets easily and stack pallets easily.
- Space will be saved,
- 4-way reversible entry
- There are a number of ways in which it can be manufactured, including using a fire retardant blend.
- In addition to being durable and nestable, they are lightweight, easy to clean, FDA/USDA approved, fully recyclable, and have slip-resistant surfaces.
Stackable Plastic Pallets
- A variety of styles are available, including one-piece, two-piece assembled, and welded
- This skid is designed specifically to handle and transport heavy loads of goods in warehousing, processing, and manufacturing environments.
- There is a static load capacity of up to 30,000 pounds,
- As a stack loading machine, conveying system, distribution center, and static storage unit, it is highly suited to these applications.
Advantages of Plastic Pallets
Wood Pallet Alternative
Alternatives to wood pallets and skids can be economical, environmentally friendly, and cost-effective in the long run.
FDA Approved for Shipping
Cleanable and available in materials that are approved by the FDA and Other Shipping regulations
Recyclable in its entirety. HDPE, PET, PE, recycled HDPE, or any other type of recyclable plastic pallets
Wide Range of Sizes
This product is available in a range of dimentions ranging from 32″ x 38″ to 48″ x 72″.
Better inventory control with consistent tare weights
High-speed automation systems, palletizers, depalletizers, and automatic strapping equipment compatible.
Disadvantages of Plastic Pallets
Difficult to Repair
It is more difficult to repair plastic pallets because they have to be melted down and remolded.
Prices are higher than wooden pallets,
Plastic Pallets are far more rare than wooden pallets. This makes them more epensive to ship with
Plastic Pallets Material
HDPE or PET:
HDPE or recycled PET (drink bottles) are often used for plastic pallets. Weathering, rot, chemicals, corrosion and weathering are usually not a problem.
Plastic pallets are easier to sanitize, resistant to odor, fire retardant, longer service life span, durable, better product protection, non-splintering, and lighter than wood pallets, reducing transportation and labor costs, making them safer and more environmentally friendly.
Stackable. As far as international shipping is concerned, plastic pallets are exempt from inspection due to biosafety concerns.
They can also be easily sanitized. In addition to being impervious to most acids, HDPE is also easier to clean from toxic chemicals. Some plastic pallets can collapse from plastic creep if used to store heavy loads for long periods.
Benefits in Supply Chain
Logistics service providers often use plastic pallets due to their durability and stackability, but they cannot be repaired easily and are ten times as expensive as hardwood. There has been an increase in the use of plastic pallets in large supply chains as many organizations seek to decrease costs through waste reduction, transportation and health & safety measures.
The Pally (for example) can combine pallets and dollies, eliminating pallet instability and the need for additional lifting equipment in busy operating environments, along with providing precious space.
By reducing supply chain handling, they also save time and money. Plastic pallets have become more popular due to their reusability.
ISPM 15 Plastic Pallets
Due to the adoption of ISPM 15, plastic pallets are widely produced and used in the U.S. and Europe. A life cycle analysis can be used to compare wood and plastic. Pallets made of plastic can cost 10 times as much as hardwood pallets, and even more than softwood pallets that are cheap and disposable. To track inventory and monitor locations, RFID chips can be molded into pallets.
Pallets are manufactured using six different types of plastic processes:
- Injection molding
- Injection molds for structural foam
- Assembling by thermoforming
- Compression molding
- Rotational molding