Reusable packaging is usually in the form of pallets, bulk containers, gaylord boxes, IBC totes, and dunnage that is designed for reuse within the supply chain. Built and constructed for multiple freight trips and extended life.
A return on investment and a lower cost-per-truck than one time use packaging products. They can be efficiently stored, handled and distributed throughout a warehouse Their value been demonstrated within multiple industries and shipping uses. Businesses in 2022 are looking into reusable packaging as a to help reduce costs in shipping as well as meet their sustainability quotas.
Many businesses have begun to embrace new ways to reduce shipping and end-user packaging. companies have reduced the amount of money and waste that contributed its industrial packaging. In 2022 businesses are looking into ways to reduce the industrial packaging they use for transporting their goods. Switching to reusable packaging its not only cost effective but environmentally sustainable for the future
Reusable containers are typically made of durable wood, steel, or virgin or recycled plastic and are designed for many years of reuse. These moisture-proof containers are built to protect bulk products in rough shipping conditions.
Who types of businesses use reusable packaging?
Almost any company that ships their product on semi trucks or internally in the ware house can utilize reusable packaging. A wide variety of companies and industries in manufacturing, construction materials handling, shipping, storage, and distribution centers utilized the advantages of reusable transport packaging. Here are some examples:
Manufacturing Industry Uses for Reusable Packaging
- Computer manufacturers and assemblers
- Electronic producers
- Automotive parts producers
- Automotive assembly plants
- Pharmaceutical manufacturers
- Medical Supply Companies
- Any types of large manufacturer in the united states
Food and Beverage Manufactures
- · Food and beverage manufacturers and distributors
- · Meat and poultry producers, processors and distributors
- · Produce growers, field processing and distribution
- · Grocery store suppliers of bakery goods, dairy, meat and produce
- · Bakery and dairy deliveries
- · Candy and chocolate manufacturers
Retail and consumer product distribution
- Department stores
- Retail Fronts
- Magazine and book distributors
- Fast-food retailers
- Restaurant suppliers/chains
- Food service companies
- Auto parts retailers
Supply chain improvements that can use reusable transport packaging
- Inbound freight shipments: Raw materials shipped to a processing or assembly plant
- In-plant or interplant work in process: Goods moved between assembly or processing areas within an individual plant or shipped between plants within the same company.
- Finished goods: Shipment of finished goods to users
- Service parts: Sent to service centers, dealers or distribution centers from manufacturing plants.
Best System to Utilize Used Packaging Open vs Closed Loop Systems
A Closed-loop systems are best for used packaging. Used containers and pallets go through the system and return to their shipper and can easily be used again. Reverse logistics allows people to retrieve and clean reusable containers and then deliver them to your starting point. There is also the option to outsource logistics. Common in the pallet industry, companies outsource the logistics of pallet or container management to a 3rd party. These services can include collecting, internal logistics, cleaning and asset tracking. A rental service picks up the empty pallets and/or containers and returns them to service centers for inspection and repair.
An Open-loop shipping use the assistance of a third-party management company to accomplish the return of the packaging. Their packaging may be shipped to various destinations. A good management company sets up a network to accomplish the return of used packaging. T
The current supply chain and economic environment encourages drive businesses to cut costs. There is a global accountability that businesses must truly protect the environment and reduce waste.