Used Pallet Recycling
Buy | Sell | Recycling | Free Removal
Used Wooden Pallets | 48 x 40 | Grade A | Grade B
Used Wooden Pallets
Free Pick Ups
Shop By State
Shop for Used Pallets Locally
Below are some recent listings of used wooden pallets across the united states.
Shop for Pallets in States near you
Grade B (#2) Wooden Pallets
- Mix of hardwood and softwood, repaired with stringer inserts for rackable pallets and one-way shipping.
- The dimensions of Grade B pallets are 48 x 40 inches. The boards and stringers may have some minor damage to them, but they can still be used as they are in good working condition. There are some signs of wear and tear on them since they have been used multiple times.
- It is recommended that an additional runner is placed alongside the broken or cracked piece of wood in order to repair or reinforce it. A pallet classified as “Grade B” is one that has already been used previously and usually has some sort of damage on one of its stringers (if it has any).
- There are a number of treatments that are applied to pallet wood so that it is more sturdy and less susceptible to insects.
Grade A Pallets (#1)
This is what we consider to be an accurate definition of a Grade A pallet, but there is a great deal of disagreement when it comes to what constitutes such a pallet:
- On top of the pallet, there are seven wooden boards
- At the bottom of the pallet there are five wooden boards
- Some pallets may contain 6″ lead boards, but we cannot guarantee that all pallets will contain 6″ boards, but some pallets may contain 6″ boards if they are available
- Generally speaking, the spacing between top decks is between 2.5″ and 3.5″ depending on the manufacturer
- Each stringer measures 1-1/2″ x 3-1/2″ and there are three of them in total
- 4 – way partial entry
- There should be no damage to the stringers or boards
- Whenever there is a split in the stringers, it may be necessary to mount repair plates on each stringer in order to strengthen it
- There should be no pests or contagions in the wood.
- Also known as a #1 or Premium GMA
Stringer and Block Pallets
A stringer pallet was one of the first wooden pallet designs, and it is still one of the most popular models today. Stringers make up most of the pallets used across the country and are typically 48 x 40 in size.
In order to make a frame, three or more parallel pieces of timber are used (this is called a stringer frame). It is then necessary to attach the top deckboards to the stringers in order to construct the pallet structure.
It is possible to cut a notch into the stringer pallets so that a “four-way” partial entry is possible. The stringer pallet can be lifted by a forklift in all four directions, but it is more secure to lift it by the stringers.
Block pallets are also know as “Full 4-way entry”. They are meant for heavier and bulk loads. Often longer lasting and more expensive than the standard stringer pallets. That being said they are harder to repair and therefore less valuable to pallet recyclers
Different Used Pallets Sizes
Used Pallet Recycling offers a wide range of recondtioned pallets sizes. We have New, Used, Recycled, Grade A, and. Grade B Pallets for sale nationwide. Below are our most common sizes
- 48″ x 40″
- 48″ x 48″
- 42″ x 42″
- 36″ x 36″
- 40″ x 40″
- 45″ x 45″